(780) 962-3447 | 96 South Ave, Spruce Grove, Alberta.
The Groom Room has been in the same location for over 20 years. We have all Canadian Professional Stylist with combined experience of over 83 years. Our love of animals creates a loving and caring environment for your pet. Our goal is to provide quality grooming for your pet in a safe quiet loving environment. We ensure your pet has a positive experience so that not only do they look amazing, and are clean and smell good, they look forward to coming back. Each pet and their owner are treated with the utmost respect and diligence. We are well versed in all styles and techniques of professional grooming. We provide a stress free social environment for all our guests. Rest breaks are provided for the young, elderly and easily stressed pets. We keep an updated record for each pet we groom so we can fulfill the owners requests.
Cancellation fee of $25.for missed or cancelled appt. without 24 hrs. notice
Grooming or pet grooming is a vital part in the well-being and healthiness of a dog which can improve their lifespan. All Breeds require daily grooming, how much depends on the breed, age, or health of the pet. Regular grooming helps to ensure the dog is healthy and comfortable. It is important to note that while many dogs shed, others such as a poodle do not shed as profusely, and require grooming every 6–8 weeks maximum.
The main reasons for grooming include:
- decreased chance of various health problems, such as thrush, scratches, and other skin problems
- general cleanliness of the dog
- monitoring of the dog's health by checking for cuts, heat, swelling, lameness, or changes in temperament, all of which could be indicative of illness
- forging of a closer bond between dog and owner
- reducing infestation load of external parasites on skin.
- Nail trimming is essential f.or maintaining good health. If a dog's nails are allowed to grow, they will curl over into a spiral shape; walking will become increasingly painful to the dog as they grow, putting pressure on the dogs toes (a bit like walking in shoes that are too small). Uncut nails may curl so far that they pierce the paw pad, leading to infection and debilitating pain. If one does not trim a dog's nails on a monthly basis the quick will grow along with the nail, making it nearly impossible to cut properly. Please feel free to drop by any time for nail dremelling no appointment needed